Its been a tricky process but my little Polaroid mod project is now going really well. There was a lot of trouble with the Mamiya Press lens, the focus mainly, as it was way out, probably because I hadn’t paid much attention to the Flange focal length!. I’ve reverted back to the original lens I had purchased for the project so now the camera is a combined Fujifilm Instax 300 body with a vintage Agfa Billy manual lens, I think I have found the perfect combo!


I had a great night last night shooting the East Herts Got Talent event in Hertford. So many talented performers some of which will definitely go far. Well done to all, especially the winners!


So my Instax hack project is pretty much finished and ready to start shooting with. Its a combination of a Fujifilm Instax 300 body and a Mamiya press 100mm lens. The original idea was to use a different lens but I changed my mind last minute and I think i have made the right choice. I ended up having to buy a Mamiya Universal body to remove the lens mount and then design and have laser cut an adapter ring to attach the lens mount to the Instax body. Its now a fully manual Polaroid camera so your able to be a bit more creative with it. I’m pleased with how it looks and looking forward to shooting with it.

Using Format